Elle Tens Machine Hire at Wow Baby
Elle TENS is the one of the most advanced Labour TENS machines available to Australia’s mum-to-be and now you can purchase or hire your own Elle TENS machine at Wow Baby
Produced by Body Clock Health Care, this leading obstetrics TENS machine was the first to introduce the highly desired Opti-Max* technology. This easy-to-use TENS machine offers maximum pain relief during child birth.
Flexible hire options are available from as little as $60, or you can purchase your own unit direct from Wow Baby.
What does it cost to hire a Tens Machine?
- 2 weeks: $60
- 4 weeks: $75
- 6 weeks: $85
- 8 weeks: $95
Free pick up from Keilor Downs.
$9.95 delivery fee $15 express post
A bond of $100 is payable at the time of hiring, which is fully refundable* when your unit is returned at the end of the hire period.
Payment is due prior to collection of the machine.
Elle TENS Hire Booking Request
Please email email@example.com to request a booking and an invoice will be sent to you with payment details.
Please note TENS hire is available for collection and return .
You can purchase a TENS Machine online here.
Our TENS units are very popular so we recommend you book as early as possible to reserve your unit for your preferred date and avoid missing out.
Please note that once your booking has been received we will send you a confirmation email that verifies your successful booking. If we are fully booked our staff will contact you as soon as possible to notify you so you can make alternative arrangements. Now you can enjoy the benefit of a tens machine during your labour without incurring the cost of purchasing a unit.
More about TENS:
With a large display, pre-set modes and, most importantly, the integrated boost button, Elle TENS is a breeze to use.
In fact it because of its effectiveness, simplicity and no-fuss that Elle TENS is one of the worlds most popular choice for mums-to-be.
Elle TENS is a safe, effective, drug-free method of pain relief, which still allows you to use other analgesics, such as pethidine or gas-and-air if you wish.
What is Opti-Max?
Optimax Technology gives an extra reserve of power for when you really need it.
Used for the final stages of labour when you need extra pulse power or any time depending on your preference.
When should I use my Elle TENS machines during labour?
Elle TENS can be used from the onset of labour, provided you have reached term (37 weeks).
All you need to do is attach the 4 pads to your back (refer to the instructions with the unit for more specific details on where to best place the pads). You will feel a pleasant "pulsing" sensation which helps to boost the production of your natural pain relieving chemicals known as endorphins.
The Elle TENS features dual intensity controls for total flexibility over the mid and lower back electrodes. When experiencing a contraction, simply press the boost button for the extra surge of power needed to combat the pain. When the contraction ends, press the boost button again and it will automatically return to its previous level.
Can I use my Elle TENS after child birth?
Your Elle TENS machine is not only one of the best Labour TENS devices available it also operates like a normal TENS machine. The use of TENS machines to address pain relief are endless, ranging from period pain, backache, muscle strengthening, acute pain, and rheumatoid arthritis pain to name a few. Always seek advice from your medical practitioner, particularly if you have had a ceasarian delivery.
What does TENS stand for?
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) which works by passing mild electrical pulses through the skin, via electrode pads, into the nerve fibres which lie below. These pulses help your body to produce its own pain killing chemicals, such as endorphins.
Elle TENS is the one of the most advanced Labour TENS machines available to Australia’s mum-to-be. Produced by Body Clock Health Care, this leading obstetrics TENS machine was the first to introduce the highly desired Opti-Max* technology. This easy-to-use TENS machine offers maximum pain relief during child birth.
To review the TENS hire terms and conditions, please below.
Terms and conditions
Thank you for choosing to hire an Elle TENS unit through Wow Baby
The following terms and conditions apply to all Elle TENS hire arrangements with Preggi Central. The terms “You” and “Your” refer to you as the hirer. The term “We” and "Our" refers to Otway Technology Pty Ltd.
- We will use best endeavours to make available an Elle TENS unit to you on your preferred hire dates subject to your prepayment of the relevant hire fee and bond. The unit will be supplied in good working order, with new electrode pads, and ready for use.
- The Elle TENS unit remains Our property at all times except when the TENS unit is purchased in full.
- Once your booking is confirmed by Us, We agree to supply You with an Elle TENS unit on the understanding that it will only be used by the person whose name appears on the booking form and is not transferable between individuals. If We become aware that you have loaned the Elle TENS unit to a third party during your hire term, an additional hire fee for the same duration as your original hire duration will be charged.
- You must discuss the use of an Elle TENS machine with your health care provider to confirm that an Elle TENS machine is appropriate for use during Your labour. Always seek your health care professional's advice with regard to your personal health issues and medical care.
- You can request us to extend the duration of your hire arrangement by contacting us at any time prior to the expiration of the hire period. Subject to availability, We will endeavour to accommodate any reasonable request for an extension (subject to bookings) of time subject to payment of the relevant fees to cover the extended term, and provided the total hire period does not exceed 10 weeks in total. The minimum fee to extend Your hire period is the fee applicable to a 2 week hire term.
- The Elle TENS unit must only be used according to its standard operating instructions which are contained with the unit, or can be downloaded online.
- We do not warrant that the Elle TENS will achieve any level of pain relief. The effectiveness of the Elle TENS for You is neither guaranteed nor implied.
- You must read and understand the precautions (detailed below) regarding the use of Elle TENS. Elle TENS should not be used by anyone suffering from epilepsy, fitted with a cardiac pacemaker or who suffers from (or is suspected of suffering from) heart disease.
- You agree to return the Elle TENS unit and all accessories to Us in the same condition it was received on or before the expiration of the hire period. You do not need to return the electrode pads as these are for your individual use.
- If for any reason you are unable to return the Elle TENS unit by the last day of the hire period We may, at our option:
(a) Charge the replacement value of the Elle TENS unit, including all accessories supplied with the unit; or
(b) Charge an additional 2 week hire period.
- You are responsible for returning the Elle TENS unit (with all accessories, and in the same condition it was received) to Wow Baby, either in person, or using the pre-addressed, pre—paid satchel supplied (if You requested and paid for one). You are responsible for the risk of loss or damage to the Elle TENS unit (including damage or loss during transit) until it is returned to Us.
- A $100 bond is payable at the time of hiring. The bond will be refunded when the Elle TENS unit is returned in full working order, in the same condition it was in when it was sent to you. The bond will be forfeited if the Elle TENS unit is lost, damaged or, or any core component of the unit is not returned. If the bond does not cover the replacement cost of the unit, you will pay to Us, upon request, the balance of the replacement cost of the unit.
- We may deduct from the bond the cost of replacing any components that are not returned with the unit, and any additional fees that are payable to Us under these terms, including additional fees payable under sections 3 and 10.
- It is Your responsibility to check the contents of the hire package upon receipt and familiarise Yourself with the Elle TENS machine and user instructions. Additional instructions are available on the manufacturer's website. You must advise Us of any problems whatsoever immediately.
- If you choose to cancel the hire arrangement after your booking has been confirmed We will refund any money paid by You, less an administration fee of $10. Unfortunately we are unable to provide You with a refund if you cancel your hire arrangement after the Elle TENS unit has been dispatched to You, unless we are required to do so by law.
- If for any reason you choose not to use your Elle TENS unit during the hire period, no refund will be provided. The decision to use or not use the Elle TENS unit is entirely at your discretion.
- By hiring an Elle TENS unit from Us you agree to release, indemnify and hold Us, our employees, agents and contractors harmless from all liability arising from or relating to the use of the TENS unit and associated equipment either hired or purchased from Us, including any liability for negligence.
- To the extent permitted by law, Our entire liability to You (including but not limited to liability for breach of contract and liability in tort, including negligence) for any loss, cost, damage or expense suffered or incurred in any way connected with this agreement or Your use of the Elle TENS unit, will not exceed the hire charge paid by You.
- With the exception of warranties that cannot be excluded by law, Wow Baby excludes all warranties, whether they be express or implied, in relation to the Elle TENS unit and our hire service, with the exception of warranties that cannot be excluded by law. To the extent permissible, in the event of a breach of any implied warranty that cannot be excluded, Wow Baby's entire liability will be limited, at its option, to providing a refund, or resupplying the hire service.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the law of Victoria, Australia.
- Wow Baby reserves the right to alter Terms and Conditions of hire without prior notice.
- By proceeding with the hire arrangement you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, including the special conditions and precautions outlined below.
The following represent some of the safety precautions for using your Elle TENS unit, but you must read the documentation enclosed with the unit fully before using the Elle TENS unit for the first time.
Do NOT use the Elle TENS unit:
- For labour until week 37 (full term).
- On the abdomen at any time during pregnancy or labour.
- If you have a heart pace-maker.
- If you have, or have ever had, a heart rhythm problem.
- If you are suffering from acute feverish conditions.
- If you are suffering from infectious diseases or tumours.
- When driving, cycling or operating machinery.
- If you have, or have had, epilepsy, without your doctor’s consent
Pads should NOT be placed:
- On the abdomen at any time during pregnancy or labour (refer to the booklet for placement of the pads).
- On the carotid sinuses located at the front of the neck.
- Over the eyes.
- Cross-cranially, i.e. across both temples at the same time.
- On broken skin.
- On areas where normal sensation is absent.
- Do not immerse the Elle TENS in water.
- Do not place the Elle TENS close to excessive heat.
- Do not attempt to open the Elle TENS unit (other than the battery compartment).
- Do not use anything other than the specified batteries.
- Keep the Elle TENS away from sources of high magnetic fields such as TVs, microwave ovens and hi-fi speakers as magnetic fields may affect the LCD display, but not the working of the unit.